PCOD or Polycystic Ovarian Disease is a name which is feared by women who have problems in their reproductive organs. It is the most common condition which takes place amongst females between 12 years to 45 years. If seen statistically, in India, nearly 5% to 10% of women suffer from PCOD. If your hormones are out of balance for a long time, there may be chances of you getting PCOD. Don’t be afraid of it! Where there is a problem, there is always a solution too. And in this case, there are various treatment of PCOD.
But before you look for those different treatments, you need to understand what exactly are the reasons and symptoms of PCOD.
Reasons for PCOD
PCOD is a condition where your ovaries get enlarged with the formation of follicular cysts and their sizes can vary from 0.5 cm to 1 cm in diameter. When mature eggs fail to get discharged and get accumulated due to hormonal imbalance, those follicles are known as cysts. Few of the major reasons include,
- Hormonal disturbances
- Excessive increase in insulin
- Irregular periods
- Hirsutism or extra facial and body hair
- Thinning of hairs on scalp
- Fertility problems
- Sudden gain or loss in weight
- Excessive fat storage in abdominal area whose resemblance is similar to pregnancy
As you have seen that there are various symptoms for PCOD, the treatment of it also varies from patient to patient. With the help of medical treatment, few of its factors are brought under control. Those factors include hirsutism or acne treatment, reducing blood glucose level, restoration of normal and regular mensuration. In fact, during PCOD treatment, you can also find various medications given to you to bring your abnormal hormones under control. If you are women living in Dwarka then you can reach Dr. Yashica Gudesar for treatment of PCOD in Dwarka
Medication for PCOD in case of abnormal menstrual cycle
- Progesterone pills or in simple words, birth control pills are given to regulate your menstrual cycle.
- LHRH agonist or analogs (Luteinizing Hormone Releasing Hormone) are given.
- To normalize, making menstrual cycle regular and to improve PCOD symptom, Metformin is suggested. This medicine helps to increase the sensitivity of your body towards insulin, acting as an excellent treatment PCOD.
- Clomiphene citrate is used as a PCOD treatment drug which assists in maturing the eggs and releases them.
Treatment PCOD Dwarka for hirsutism
- Progesterone pills are the initial medication that is recommended to you.
- In case these pills fail to show their effects, anti-androgen medications are provided. The 2 prominent medicines include flutamide and spironolactone.
- You may also be suggested to take the help of laser hair removal including hormonal medicines or doctor prescribed medicines for PCOD.
- Many efficient doctors also suggest eflornithine cream which can slow down facial hair growth.
- If you are looking for the treatment of anovulation, you may be advised to go for pelvic laparoscopy. In this case, a certain portion of your ovary is removed, or smaller openings are made in your ovaries as treatment.
If you are suffering from PCOD, it is advisable to go for PCOD treatment in Dwarka from notable gynecologists like Dr. Yashica who could prescribe your appropriate medication from her wide 16+ years of experience according to your problem type. It is never too late to start a PCOD treatment. When you see the signs, just ask for professional help at maternity clinics.